What GAME’s Administration Means For You
UPDATE: Game & Gamestation has now been saved from further closures. The below information served as consumer advice during the administration process only and should no longer be taken as store policy.
The GAME Group, owner of the GAME and Gamestation retail brands, entered into administration Monday. Read on to find out what this means for you, the consumer.
- A reduced number of GAME and Gamestation stores are expected to remain open and trading whilst the administrators aim to find a new owner for the troubled business;
- Online sales will suffer from some disruption in the coming days, with no new orders being taken. At time of writing both the GAME and Gamestation websites are offline;
- If you have any outstanding orders from either the GAME or Gamestation websites these are currently being reviewed. Both GAME and Gamestation’s websites read: “We are currently reviewing and processing orders placed on this website.”;
- GAME Reward card holders will still be able to earn points in store, however no points can be used until further notice;
- Gamestation Elite card holders will still be able to earn ‘experience’ points in store, however like GAME no points can be redeemed until further notice;
- Both GAME and Gamestation gift cards, irrespective of value, cannot be used at present;
- No pre-orders for any upcoming games can be taken;
- If you have pre-ordered a game recently, GAME and Gamestation are currently not offering refunds on any deposits;
- Pre-owned software: Both GAME and Gamestation stores are still accepting pre-owned software. However both stores are currently only offering in-store credit for trade-ins, meaning you cannot trade in your old games for cash;
- No trade-ins are being accepted on gaming hardware at this time.
The GAME Group detailed that these changes are a mixture of permanent and temporary business alterations and many are due to see changes in the coming days. Any customers with queries in relation to the above changes can email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for assistance from GAME and Gamestation respectively.
Let us know in the comments what you think of these changes. Do you have many reward points on your store cards? Were you planning on making a trade-in?